At Monash Children’s Hospital, we’re committed to our employees, just as they’re committed to our patients, their families and the community we serve. As part of this commitment, we offer a highly competitive employee benefits program. Read on to find out more.
Monash Children’s Hospital employees are eligible for salary packaging. Salary packaging is an Australian Taxation Office approved means of restructuring your salary to reduce your taxation. This is provided through our partnership with MAXXIA and enables you to pay for certain items out of your pre-tax salary, including:
- everyday living expenses such as mortgage, rent or credit card payments
- meal and entertainment expenses
- holiday accommodation and venue hire
- the finance and running costs of your car through a novated lease arrangement
- other work related expenses.
For more information on salary packaging with Maxxia, including online tools and calculators, click here.
Health and wellbeing
We offer a range of programs designed to promote a healthier environment and lifestyle.
- We have a fitness centre co-located on site with Monash Children’s Hospital. In exchange for a pre-tax salary deduction, you can access classes, equipment and of course our accomplished instructors.
- Monash Children’s Hospital provides its employees with an on-site bulk billing general practitioner service. Whilst this does not replace your own GP, the service is available to our employees to visit and for assistance with a variety of health assessments and advice.
- As an employee of Monash Children’s Hospital, you can attendlifestyle management seminars designed to assist and support you in a range of areas such as banking, superannuation, retirement, and more. Lifestyle management seminars are conducted periodically across Monash Health sites.
- Smoke-free workplace– smoking is prohibited at Monash Children’s Hospital and in all Monash Health facilities including buildings, vehicles and outdoor areas used by employees, patients and the general public.
People Assist is a confidential coaching and support service provided by Converge International. This is available to Monash Children’s Hospital employees as well as their families (parent, spouse/partner or children). Qualified professionals with extensive management experience and qualifications provide this service free of charge.
Through partnerships with Medibank Private, Monash Children’s Hospital employees can benefit from cost effective corporate private health insurance cover. This can be arranged through the ease of payroll deduction.
Our nurse and midwifery employees are entitled to a free uniform.
Monash Children’s Hospital partners with BankVic to provide a range of banking and financial services. Bank Vic has a branch located at Monash Medical Centre, Clayton. Aside from the convenience, you can take advantage of competitive interest rates along with an award-winning service.
Recognition and reward
Everyone appreciates being told they are doing a good job. Our recognition and reward program allows you to nominate a colleague for their work. Your nomination makes them eligible for quarterly and annual awards. When you join Monash Children’s Hospital, you will be part of a health service that values and recognises your contribution.
All the technology, support and savings you need are available when you become a Monash Children’s Hospital employee. You can save up to 15 per cent on selected Dell products which are delivered direct to you.
Our main sites, including our Clayton campus, are serviced by Zouki café. Zouki offers many varieties of hot food, plus salads, sushi, freshly-made sandwiches and focaccias, home-made soups, desserts, fresh juices, and of course coffee.
On-site car parking
We offer discounted secure car parking to Monash Children’s Hospital employees. There are reserved parking areas for employees working evening and night shifts. Car parking fees are made by a pre-tax deduction and your employee ID card provides easy swipe access.