Developed by the Monash Children’s Hospital Resuscitation Committee, this book is designed to provide clinicians with a weight-based guide to
- Signs of clinical instability / MET call criteria
- Medication doses in resuscitation situations (cardiac arrest, intubation)
- Endotracheal tube size and positioning
- Emergency management of seizures, asthma, anaphylaxis, and electrolyte disorders
Information is provided in a user-friendly, colour-coded layout. Tables and highlighting provide easy access to medication doses, appropriate dilution, and volumes to be administered. The book has laminated pages, is spiral-bound, and can easily be wiped clean. It is designed for use in clinical settings such as on a resuscitation trolley, in theatre, in the emergency department or intensive care.
APLS Australia have recently incorporated the use of our book in their courses
All medication doses and dilutions are referenced to standard resources, including
- RCH (Melbourne) Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS)
- RCH Paediatric Injectable Guidelines.
We are launching a review of the first edition of our book in late 2016.
It is anticipated that the review will take a few months to complete.
If any changes are made to the book, the new edition is likely to be available by April 2017.
For all enquiries regarding the Paediatric Emergency Medication Book, please contact Dr Simon Craig by email: email@example.com